Curried Chicken Salad
3 — 4oz boneless chicken breasts
1 C — Duke’s mayonnaise
2 T — Curry powder
1/4 t — Cayenne pepper
3/4 C — 1/4″ chopped celery
3/4 C — 1/2″ cubed fugi apple
3/4 C — Chopped roasted walnuts
1 C — Golden raisins
Salt and pepper — to taste
1. Bring water to a boil. Half chicken breasts length-wise and boil for 15-20 minutes.
2. Combine mayo, curry, and cayenne. Set aside.
3. Chop celery and apple; roast walnuts at 300* (or until fragrant). Set aside.
4. Once cooked, shred chicken breasts using two forks – pulling the muscle apart into bite-size pieces.
5. Combine to ensure curried mayo mixture coats all ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
**Serve alone, pair with your favorite bread, or eat over mixed greens. So yummy!
**To cut the fat, substitute half of the mayonnaise mixture with plain yogurt.
**This is also GREAT with shredded carrots … just adjust the spices and mayonnaise to accommodate for the change in texture and volume.