Tofu and Corn Chili over Quinoa
1 28oz can — Fire-roasted tomatoes
1/2 lb — Extra-firm tofu
3 cloves — Minced garlic
1/2 — Yellow onion
2 ears — Fresh yellow corn
2 T. — Cumin
1 T. — Cayenne pepper
1 T. — Chili powder
1/4 t. — Red pepper flakes
1 t. — Sea salt
1 — Avocado
1. Sautee olive oil, yellow onion, and garlic until fragrant.
2. Cut corn off of cob and add to pan.
3. Toss tomatoes into mixture.
4. Crumble tofu and add spices to chili; stir.
5. Let simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
6. Cook quinoa per brand instructions.
7. Slowly increase heat on chili to high.
8. When ready, scoop piping-hot chili over quinoa and crack egg over chili. It is imperative that your chili is very hot for this cooking method to work for your egg. Keep in mind that your egg probably won’t be completely cooked (if you don’t like runny eggs then this step probably isn’t for you).
8. Top with sliced avocado … and sriracha if you’re feeling spicy!
**To make this recipe vegan, simply remove step 7.